KMT WATERJET SALES TERMS & CONDITIONS | KMT GENUINE SERVICE RATES | KMT DOMESTIC SUPERVISOR
The content on this page is contained in the PDF's below if you prefer to download the content, or you may scroll down to review.
KMT Terms & Conditions (LD-101) 173kb
KMT Genuine Service Rates 168kb
KMT Domestic Service Supervisor (LD-146) 168kb
KMT TERMS & CONDITIONS (LD-101)
The Terms and Conditions of Sale outlined herein shall apply to the sale by KMT Waterjet Systems Inc. (hereinafter referred to as Company) of products,equipment and parts relating thereto (hereinafter referred to as Equipment). Unless prior written agreement is reached, it shall be understood that the Company's proceeding with any work shall be in accordance with the terms and conditions outlined herein The Company will comply with applicable laws and regulations in effect on the date of the Company's proposal as they may apply to the manufacture of the Equipment. Compliance with any local governmental laws or regulations relating to the location, use or operation of the Equipment, or its use in conjunction with other equipment, shall be the sole responsibility of the Purchaser.
2. Title and Risk of Loss
Title and risk of loss or damage to the Equipment shall pass to the Purchaser upon tender of delivery F.O.B. manufacturing facility unless otherwise agreed upon by the parties, except that a security interest in the Equipment shall remain in the Company, regardless of mode of attachment to realty or other property, until full payment has been made therefore. Purchaser agrees upon request to do all things and acts necessary to perfect and maintain said security interest and shall protect Company's interest by adequately insuring the Equipment against loss or damage from any cause wherein the Company shall be named as an additional insured.
Neither party shall assign or transfer this contract without the prior written consent of the other party. The Company however shall be permitted to assign or transfer, without the prior written consent of the Purchaser, the Company's right to receive all or any portion of the payment due from the Purchaser under this contract.
4. Delivery and Delays
Delivery dates shall be interpreted as estimated and in no event shall dates be construed as falling within the meaning of "time is of the essence". The Company shall not be liable for any loss or delay due to war, riots, fire, flood, strikes or other labor difficulty, acts of civil or military authority including governmental laws, orders, priorities or regulations, acts of the Purchaser, embargo, car shortage, damage or delay in transportation. inability to obtain necessary labor or materials from usual sources, faulty forgings or castings, or other causes beyond the reasonable control of the Company. In the event of delay in performance due to any such cause, the date of delivery or time for completion will be adjusted to reflect the actual length of time lost by reason of such delay. The Purchaser's receipt of Equipment shall constitute a waiver of any claims for delay.
The price does not include any present or future Federal, State, or local property, license, privilege, sales, use, excise, gross receipts or other like taxes or assessments which may be applicable to, measured by, imposed upon or result from this transaction or any services performed in connection therewith. Such taxes will be itemized separately to Purchaser, who shall make prompt payment to the Company. The Company will accept a valid exemption certificate from Purchaser, if applicable. if such exemption certificate is not recognized by the governmental taxing authority involved. Purchaser agrees to promptly reimburse the Company for any taxes covered by such exemption certificate which the Company is required to pay.
6. Set Offs
Neither Purchaser nor any affiliated company or assignee shall have the right to claim compensation or to set off against any amounts which become payable to the Company under this contract or otherwise.
The Company shall defend any Suit or proceeding brought against the Purchaser and shall pay any adverse judgment entered therein so far as such suit or proceeding is based upon a claim that the use of the Equipment manufactured by the Company, and furnished under this contract constitutes infringement of any patent of the United States of America, providing the Company is promptly notified in writing and given authority, information and assistance for defense of same; and the Company shall, at its option, procure for the Purchaser the right to continue to use said Equipment, or to modify it so that it becomes non-infringing, or to replace the same with non-infringing equipment, or to remove said Equipment and to refund the purchase price. The foregoing shall not be construed to include any agreement by the Company to accept any liability whatsoever in respect to patents for inventions including more than the Equipment furnished hereunder. or in respect of patents for methods and processes to be carried Out with the aid of said Equipment. The foregoing states the entire liability of the Company with regard to patent infringement.
The Company warrants that the Equipment manufactured by it and delivered hereunder will be free of defects in material and workmanship for a period of twelve months from the date of placing the Equipment in operation or eighteen months from the date of shipment, whichever shall first occur. Non-consumable parts are warranted for 180 days from date of shipment, except parts are warranted for [30-180] days from the date of shipment.
The Purchaser shall be obligated to promptly report any failure to conform to this warranty, in writing to the company within said period, whereupon the Company shall, at its option, correct such nonconformity, by suitable repair to such Equipment or, furnish a replacement part F.O.B. point of shipment, provided the Purchaser has stored, installed, maintained and operated such Equipment in accordance with good industry practices and has complied with specific recommendations of the Company. Accessories or equipment furnished by the Company, but manufactured by others, shall carry whatever warranty the manufacturers have conveyed to the Company and which can be passed on to the Purchaser. The Company shall not be liable for any repairs, replacements, or adjustments to the Equipment or any costs of labor performed by the Purchaser or others without the Company's prior written approval. The effects of corrosion, erosion and normal wear and tear are specifically excluded. Performance warranties are limited to those specifically stated within the Company's proposal. Unless responsibility for meeting such performance warranties are limited to specified shop or field tests, the Company's obligation shall be to correct in the manner and for the period of time provided above. THE COMPANY MAKES NO OTHER WARRANTY OR REPRESENTATION OF ANY KIND WHATSOEVER, EXPRESSED OR IMPLIED, EXCEPT THAT OF TITLE, AND ALL IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY AND FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, ARE HEREBY DISCLAIMED.
Correction by the Company of nonconformities whether patent or latent, in the manner and for the period of time provided above, shall constitute fulfillment of all liabilities of the Company for such nonconformities, whether based on contract. warranty, negligence, indemnity, strict liability or otherwise with respect to or arising out of such Equipment. The Purchaser shall not operate Equipment which is considered to be defective, without first notifying the Company in writing of its intention to do so. Any such use of Equipment will be at the Purchaser's sole risk and liability.
9. Limitation of Liability
THE REMEDIES OF THE PURCHASER SET FORTH HEREIN ARE EXCLUSIVE, AND THE TOTAL LIABILITY OF THE COMPANY WITH RESPECT TO THIS CONTRACT OR THE EQUIPMENT AND SERVICES FURNISHED HEREUNDER. IN CONNECTION WITH THE PERFORMANCE OR BREACH THEREOF, OR FROM THE MANUFACTURE, SALE, DELIVERY, INSTALLATION, REPAIR OR TECHNICAL DIRECTION COVERED BY OR FURNISHED UNDER THIS CONTRACT, WHETHER BASED ON CONTRACT. WARRANTY, NEGLIGENCE, INDEMNITY, STRICT LIABILITY OR OTHERWISE, SHALL NOT EXCEED THE PURCHASE PRICE OF THE UNIT OF EQUIPMENT UPON WHICH SUCH LIABILITY IS BASED. THE COMPANY AND ITS SUPPLIERS SHALL IN NO EVENT BE LIABLE TO THE PURCHASER. ANY SUCCESSORS IN INTEREST OR ANY BENEFICIARY OR ASSIGNEE OF THIS CONTRACT FOR ANY CONSEQUENTIAL. INCIDENTAL, INDIRECT. SPECIAL OR PUNITIVE DAMAGES ARISING OUT OF THIS CONTRACT OR ANY BREACH THEREOF, OR ANY DEFECT IN. OR FAILURE OF, OR MALFUNCTION OF THE EQUIPMENT HEREUNDER, WHETHER BASED UPON LOSS OF USE, LOST PROFITS OR REVENUE, INTEREST, LOST GOODWILL, WORK STOPPAGE. IMPAIRMENT OF OTHER GOODS, LOSS BY REASON OF SHUTDOWN OR NON-OPERATION, INCREASED EXPENSES OF OPERATION, COST OF PURCHASE OF REPLACEMENT POWER OR CLAIMS OF PURCHASER OR CUSTOMERS OF PURCHASER FOR SERVICE INTERRUPTION WHETHER OR NOT SUCH LOSS OR DAMAGE IS BASED ON CONTRACT, WARRANTY, NEGLIGENCE, INDEMNITY, STRICT LIABILITY OR OTHERWISE.
10. Nuclear Liability
In the event that the Equipment sold hereunder is to be used in a nuclear facility, the Purchaser shall, prior to such use, arrange for insurance or governmental indemnity protecting the Company against liability and hereby releases and agrees to indemnify the Company and its suppliers for any nuclear damage. including loss of use, in any manner arising out of a nuclear incident, whether alleged to be due, in whole or in part to the negligence or otherwise of the Company or its suppliers.
11. Governing Law
The rights and obligations of the parties shall be governed by the laws of the State of Delaware excluding any conflicts of law provisions. The United Nations Convention on Contracts for the International Sale of Goods shall not apply to this agreement.
12. Export Control
The Company’s products are U.S. origin items and subject to U.S. export control laws, including the Export Administration Regulations. Customer agrees that it will comply with U.S. export control laws and will not export, reexport, transfer, re-transfer, sell, re-sell, or otherwise divert Company products contrary to U.S. law. Customer further agrees that it will obtain all required export licenses.
The Company shall not be bound by any contract or any modification thereto until approved in writing by an officer of the Company. The contract, when so approved shall supersede all previous communications, either oral or written.
KMT Waterjet Systems Inc. (LD-101) 07-2009
KMT GENUINE SERVICE RATES
FIELD SERVICE Standard $160 / hour
• 8 hour minimum if air travel is required (standard)
• 4 hour minimum if auto travel exceeds 200 miles (both ways combined)
TRAVEL TIME Each Way $95 / hour
• Portal to Portal / 12 hr Max. Domestic / 24 hr Max. International
• Travel outside normal business hours (Monday-Friday) $125 / hour
TRAINING Per Person / 2 Person Min. / 5 Person Max.
• On Site
• Comprehensive Training (KMT HQ)
$190 / hour
$700 / day
• Over 8 hours in same day work: 1.5X Standard Rates
• Weekends & Holidays: 2X Standard Rates
EMERGENCY RATES 2X Standard Rates
• Same day dispatch of technician or arrival demanded in less than 24 hrs.
• Rate depends on availability
CANCELLATION FEES ON SCHEDULED SERVICE
• 24 hours prior to service technician departure
• After service technician departure, but before scheduled service
• After service technician arrival
$0 + Expenses*
$250 + Expenses*
$500 + Expenses*
*Travel Time Included
CONDITIONS FOR SERVICE:
A purchase order should be provided when service is scheduled. If the purchase order is issued with a "not-to exceed limit," the limit should be sufficient to cover all reasonable and expected charges as determined by the technical services department. If the actual cost of service exceeds the limit of the purchase order, the customer will be responsible for amending the purchase order to cover the actual charges. If a credit card is to be used for payment, it will be “pre-authorized” before any service work is performed and before any KMT Genuine Parts are transferred. Emergency services can usually be scheduled within 24 hours.
All KMT Technical service will be conducted per conditions specifed in the Service Supervisor agreement, LD-146 (domestic), or LD-147 (foreign).
Note: Prices, terms, and conditions are subject to change.
KMT DOMESTIC SERVICE SUPERVISOR (LD-146)
When KMT Waterjet Systems (hereinafter called the Company) provides the Services of a Service Supervisor (hereinafter called the Supervisor) to consult with and advise the Purchaser in the installation, starting up and/or overhaul or maintenance of equipment of KMT Waterjet manufacture, such Supervisor shall not be responsible for the procurement of any labor or mechanical work performed by others.
The Service Supervisor’s services shall be furnished under the following:
1) All necessary workmen (common, semi-skilled and skilled), together with proper labor supervision shall be furnished by the Purchaser, at his expense. Qualified Support labor must be available to the Supervisor at all times during the Supervisor's work hours. The Supervisor is prohibited by the Company from working alone.
2) All necessary utilities shall be furnished by the Purchaser, at his expense.
3) The Supervisor will expect to work consecutive days until the contracted work is complete. For any day the Supervisor is available for work and is denied access, with the exception of national holidays, the Purchaser will be invoiced by the Company for eight (8) hours at the KMT rate in effect at the time of service, plus associated living expenses.
4) The Purchaser shall provide all tools and equipment required for any installation or service work. The Company’s Supervisor may bring with him or ship to the jobsite, special tools which are and shall remain Company property. If such tools are too heavy for transport by the Supervisor, the Purchaser shall assist in arranging for their return to a location designated by the Company at the completion of the services.
5) The Company shall be reimbursed by the purchaser for all transportation costs (includes a 15% surcharge), for any required special tools or equipment, plus replacement costs for any of these items which are not returned to the Company at the completion of the services.
6) The Company agrees that the Supervisor will provide Best Efforts in effecting repairs to equipment supplied by the Company, but provides no guarantee that such Best Efforts will result in restoration of proper operation of equipment the Supervisor is contracted to repair.
7) The Supervisor shall be suitably covered with insurance in the areas of Worker’s Compensation, Public Liability and Automobile Insurance where the use of a vehicle is required. Certificates confirming this insurance coverage are obtainable upon request. The Company shall in no event be liable for any loss recoverable by the Purchaser under insurance policies covering Purchaser’s property.
8) The Company accepts no responsibility for material or the acts of men furnished by the Purchaser. The Company is not responsible for the rate of progress or the date of completion of the work nor for incorrect operation or damage incurred due to improper storage or handling.
9) The Company shall be permitted to assign all or any portion of its performance under this Contract to a selected Professional Service organization, without the prior consent of the Purchaser.
10) The Company and its affiliates or suppliers shall in no event be liable to the Purchaser, any successors in interest or any beneficiary of this Contract for any consequential, incidental, indirect, special or punitive damages arising out of this Contract or any breach thereof, or any defect in, or failure of equipment or machinery, whether based upon loss of use, lost profits or revenue, interest, lost good will, work stoppage, impairment of other goods, loss by reason of shutdown or non-operation, increased expenses of operation, cost of purchase of replacement power or claims of Purchaser or customers of Purchaser for service interruption, whether or not such loss or damage is based on contract, warranty, negligence, indemnity, strict liability, or otherwise. The total liability of the Company under this Contract in all other respects shall be limited to the purchase price of the services furnished hereunder.